Sunday, July 4, 2010

Unrequited

I love you.
You are the warmth in my days.
Without you, I'm certain my world would end--
not in the proverbial way
most lovers mean.
I would die without you.

Your very face warms
rivers and draws flowers to bloom.

You have kissed my face,
shoulders,
feet,
and left me
more beautiful.
Strangers even can tell when we've been together
your effects are so striking.

But now this?

I have known you my entire life.
I have pledged my allegiance to you.
My undying love.
I boldly defend you against Cloud-Lovers.

I curse the planetary rotation
that takes you from me,
leaving me cold
every day.

I spend time with you,
only to be left hurting more.
Alas, I am left with this unrequited
passion for you.
I will always burn
for your burn.

2 comments:

  1. I could say I love you
    Which wouldn't be a lie
    I, With a girl that loves me
    And another who wished I would die

    Confusion of my heart
    And illusions of the mind
    Difficult to part
    And erase the wounds of time

    Ease the loneliness in my soul
    For cracks in spirits run deep
    For I have lost my way
    And the direction is none to keen

    How it breaks me to love
    Essentially, two girls
    My mind says one
    But my soul says hers

    ReplyDelete