Thursday, July 1, 2010

Outrage

I do not even know how to start an entry like this. I'm emotional. I realize that's not the best time to do anything, but I cannot get on with my day. So I'm sharing it here.

My writing mentor sent me an article about infidelity. It stated that there is "a website" that teaches people how to cheat without getting caught. "The story is, that on an average Monday 3,000 women sign up for the site, but on the day after Mother’s day that number soared to 31,000, ten times the normal amount!" The article goes on to talk about how to overcome feeling unappreciated, since that's one of the major pushes toward infidelity in women. It was a really good article. I've actually already included some of the information in my own material.

But I was curious about this alleged, unnamed website. So I went to Google and typed in "How to hide my affair." My blood is beginning to boil just thinking about those words. Anyway, the first site that pops up is called alibinetwork.com. For $75 a year, you have someone to sweep behind your tracks. They give you an untraceable number, counseling (on how to properly cheat), even doctors notes.

I am completely floored.

What kind of person makes up their mind to take peoples' money to "help" them trash their lives? The idea of the pain this has caused evades me. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that someone actually started this company. It's like some kind of cloud or mist that I realize is there, but I can't grasp or actually see it.

It's so intentionally hurtful. I don't even have the words.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I don't even know where to begin commenting! All of it is crazy!

    ReplyDelete