Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Reasons I am deeply in love with summer (in no particular order):

- Feeling the sun's oven-breath on my skin

- Fireflies

- Shoelessness (and socklessness. C'mon)

- The beach

- The beauty of sunburned cheeks and highlighted hair

- The task of "folding" laundry is simpler when it's primarily dresses/skirt to be hung.

- The sound of wind rustling leaves. Oh, I love that sound.

- I became a wife in the summer

- Freezy Pops

- The smell of freshly cut grass

- The look of freshly cut grass

- My kids can play OUTside

- Fires in the pit out back

- Park visits, repetitive as they can be at times

- Longer days

- Summer nights

- Star-watching while laying on a warm, country road

- The pond by my house has frogs that fill the air with their sounds

- Packer fans are on the DL

- Picnics

- I fist earned the name "Mom" in the summer

- The sound of rain

- Playing in the rain

- Playing in the ensuing mud

- Washing the car outside with someone and soaking each other

- Humming birds

- Fresh vegetables

- No need to scrap ice from the car, shovel the driveway, or risk frostbite

- Hammocks

- Cook-outs

- The soothing hum of box fans

- Laughter and screams from children running through the sprinkler

- The blueness of the sky

- The smell of gasoline from a lawn mower, boat, ATV. . .

- Air show

- All the good movies come out

- Taking my kids out for ice cream and watching them eat it too slowly to stay clean

- Spending so much quality time with good friends

- The temperature

- Everyone has their vitamin D, so they're generally happier

- Outdoor coffee dates

- Because of the nice, even heat, I can pick out my kids' clothes for a whole week straight

- Grass under my feet

- Big, dumb June bugs

- Sitting on the front steps to paint my toenails

- Fireworks

- Thunder storms

- Dewy grass

- Sunflowers

- An even layer of sand coating the carpet in my mini van

3 comments:

  1. I love summers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the smell of your little (has to be the little ones) kids after they have been having a blast outside

    the blue sky

    the big fluffy white clouds

    sitting in the lounge chair in your backyard and pretending the highway is actually the waves in the ocean :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just reread this and am very excited for the warmth to come back. *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete