Thursday, June 17, 2010

Research = Encouragement?

Well it would seem that I can't write a book filled with only my opinions and insights. They say I need so-called "sources" to back up and legitimize my spewings. So I've been studying and researching the Bible a lot today (by the way, if any of you come up with a verse about how people always fail and God never fails, please send it my way).

I don't know about any of you, but I hate researching. I hate typing things into the Google search bar to get random, unrelated topics. I hate it when I finally find snatches of info that I need, only to read it over and over again in different articles on the web.

Even back when I was in school and was required to use "books" (God bless it all), I hated it. I hate searching. I want things fed to me on a platter. My husband can sit all day long looking at different news articles. I would prefer plopping comfortably down with a bowl of ice cream in front of the TV to just watch news. And I don't mean CNN for hours upon hours. I mean the 10 o'clock news. Half hour, and I'm on my way.

But today I was surfing all over Biblegateway.com for verses on God's unfailing love for us and how He delights in His children. He really does say some wonderful things about us. It makes me feel like a secure little girl knowing how He adores me. I don't understand it, but I trust that it's true. And I'm grateful.

2 comments:

  1. I think the only source you need is the one you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua 1:9 (King James Version)

    Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

    ReplyDelete