Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rough Beginnings

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:2-3

It's probably coincidental that this passage has popped up every single day of this last week in one way or another. Coincidence, ha. As if.

I didn't know this would be the week I would start writing a book that centers a bulls eye over the tender scar tissue of my heart. Someone else did. And He's not the only One, I don't think. Given the dreams I had last night, it would seem Satan has taken no hesitation in beginning his efforts to thwart my endeavor to cast a tool to further the Kingdom. Simply put, he's smart, he's quick, and he's a real jerk.

I had a mild anticipation of some spiritual heaviness coming with the topic, but I was not braced for an attack. It was a foolish oversight on my part. But now I'm here with corrected thinking, feeling more ready than before to take on this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you on this journey. I believe God is going to use you so mightily in this area to help educate, support, and heal women and men in this area! Keep pressing! God's got your back!!

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. I forgot to mention assembling a team of prayer warriors to cover you. Kind of a major thing to forget. I'll blame it on sleep deprivation. And I'll be the first to volunteer for the job.

    ReplyDelete